Thursday, June 24, 2010

Love Finds You in Victory Heights, WA COUNTDOWN! 7 More Days!


"You call this a happy family? Why do we have to have all these kids?" This quote from It's a Wonderful Life cracks me up. We remember Jimmy Stewart for his movie roles, but did you know he was a decorated bomber pilot in WWII as well? He flew 20 combat missions, won 3 silver stars, and was ultimately promoted to Brigadier General! Who knew?

When he signed up, he was five pounds under the weight requirement, so he rushed home and ate everything fattening he could find, then went back and was allowed to sign up. It was just in time, because he almost missed the cut-off for flight school.

What I love even more is that on his missions Jimmy Stewart carried a copy of Psalm 91 given to him by his father. He said, "What a promise for an airman. I placed in His Hands the squadron I would be leading. And, as the psalmist promised, I felt myself borne up."

I found lots of cool old pictures of Jimmy Stewart on this site. Good info. too.

No comments:

Post a Comment