Thursday, July 1, 2010

Love Finds You in Victory Heights, WA THE DAY HAS COME!


To mark this exciting day, I'm returning to Rosie the Riveter. Our character Rosalie is a riveter for Boeing in Seattle making B-17 bombers. I dedicated my part of the book to all the Rosies:

"To the Rosie the Riveters of World War II who left the comfort of their homes to brave strenuous and unfamiliar jobs in the national pursuit of victory. Your strong arms played a mighty role in preserving the freedom we now enjoy."

The Rosies signed a Victory Pledge.

"Realizing my importance as a Victory worker to my country and its cause, I solemnly pledge that to the utmost of my ability I will: Allow nothing to keep me from my job; Make the fullest productive use of time, tools, material; Use my ingenuity to develop shortcuts speeding vital output; Guard my own health and safety and that of my fellow workers; Co-operate with our Employee-Management war production drive committee to aid my departmet and my plant in producing on time and in plenty the weapons of Victory."

Pretty awesome. What else can I say?

No comments:

Post a Comment